“Allianz is the home for those who dare – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people – both its 83 million private and corporate customers and more than 142,000 employees – Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry. Our main ambition is to be our customers’ trusted partner, instilling them with the confidence to grow. If you dare, join us at Allianz Group.”
We are looking for an end-to-end Program Manager/ senior Project Manager who will be responsible for managing large and complex strategic transformation programs within our Benelux Organizational Management (OM) organization and hence accountable for the delivery of programme capabilities and business results.
He/she will coordinate all the efforts required to provide services to the (internal) client, will act as the single point of contact for the strategic discussions and as a critical sparring partner for both the business and the IT teams within a truly global insurance company.
Tasks and responsibilities
In this role you will be in charge of program management and project initiation. You will be shaping (project scope definition, budget and planning through delivery) a programme including multiple projects together with key business and IT stakeholders. You will also initiate projects with regards to clarifying project scope, budget, staffing the team, communicating roles and responsibilities, developing work plans and schedules. You are responsible for program/project portfolio management and you will monitor the program/project portfolio contribution to the global strategy of the company and contribute to ensure consistency within the overall company portfolio of program/projects. You will be managing the program/project delivery during all steps of the life cycle from vision to roll-out (end-to-end) and steer the analysis/delivery resources internally and externally.
You will also monitor progress to ensure program objectives are delivered on time and within budget, and business results are realized. Be the final point of approval for contingency plans, scope changes. Besides, you will document, communicate and administer key project management elements (e.g. scope, schedule, budget, issue, risk, quality, and communication). Other tasks and responsibilities are:
- Act as “hub,” collecting information from the internal project team and communicating status on a regular basis to the Board of Management with a clear view on all projects and programs of the portfolio;
- Provide multiple business owners and product management analytical information and propose arbitrages to the Board of Management when needed;
- Responsible for business and IT relationships
- Manage work of cross-functional teams both on the business side but and on the IT side implementing technologies and systems solutions involving multiple components, interfaces and user groups;
- Facilitate issues resolution and trade-off decisions with other teams, senior management and business owners;
- Ensure sponsors receive the right information at the right time regarding program performance;
- Understand and meet the expectations of program sponsors;
- Serve as the point of contact for the program sponsor and governance team;
- Identify challenges and opportunities in the Benelux region and translates them into clear (project) business cases;
- Act as a sparring partner for Board Members, by proactively delivering input and support on the formulation and realization of the Allianz Benelux strategy;
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the organization as a whole and drive change;
- Envision the entire process and potential savings aligned with the global strategy;
We are looking for someone in the possession of at least a relevant Master degree. The ideal candidate has experience in strategic management and in portfolio management. You have proven steering skills and the ability to motivate and align parties involved. You are also used to operate in a dynamic and complex environmental structure both from a cultural aspect as well as in managing very visible projects with tight schedules at the same time. We are looking for someone who is a strong sparring partner, and someone who is able to build bridges and challenge (internal) customers. Besides this, you also possess the following skills:
- Pro-active, result oriented with the ability to work and make decisions independently;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written) in both Dutch and/or French and English are required;
- In depth project management knowhow, experienced working with the principles of Lean Six Sigma or Prince2 or another relevant project management system would be a plus;
- Experience in project management in an insurance company is a strong asset;
- Experience in a similar position where you have managed the translation of business requirements into IT solutions in an end-to-end position by keeping in mind the financial and requirement analysis;
- Experience with a multi-sourcing and off shoring delivery model is a strong asset.
If you are interested after reading this profile, then please apply soon!